Ok, so tonight i got a few tweets about my Banana cake… so i decided to share the recipe!
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups bananas (mashed up)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/8 cups of sugar (but go crazy if you want!)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla (extract is fine)
- 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk (don’t worry if it’s reduced)
- and, err… cheat the frosting! Just use cream cheese or something that comes in a tub
Here comes the ‘how to’:
- Preheat oven to 275°
- Grease AND FLOUR a 9’ x 13’ pan or dish
- In a small bowl, mash up the bananas with the lemon juice
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt
- In a 3rd bowl (ideally big) add 3/4 cup of butter and 2 & 1/8 cups of sugar
- Add in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk & smashed up bananas
- Put the batter into the pan from step 2 & bake in preheated oven from step 1 for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take out of oven and stick it into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake moist as fuck!
- Cheat the frosting… don’t bother making it, it’s a pain in the arse… And just cover the cake in it!
And… this is what it should look like!